Absorbent Glass Mat (AGM) Technology
The VARTA® Powersports AGM battery is designed with extreme conditions in mind, so you always have maximum power with no loss in performance. The battery resists vibration, is certified NONSPILLABLE, so it mounts at any angle, and is permanently sealed and maintenance-free.
- Quality built battery terminals reduce corrosion and prevent acid leakage, ensuring the battery lasts longer.
- Valve regulated venting system releases gas in case of a pressure build-up, in a safe and controlled manner.
- Cell connectors join the individual battery cells together, via the plate block, creating a shorter energy path and increasing starting power.
- The extra-strong case has special oil-resistant plastic that is molded to remain stable in extreme temperaturas and rugged terrain.
- Specialized grid design creates optimum conductivity and high-resistance to vibration – essential when you're riding off-road.
- Advanced Absorbent Glass Mat (AGM) separators absorbs the acid evenly in the battery, providing high cycle stability.
What does the Absorbent Glass Mat (AGM) do in VARTA® Batteries?
The special absorbent glass mat soaks up all the acid in the battery, providing high cyclic stability. This enables the battery to be repeatedly charged and discharged without any loss of performance. This is why our battery functions so well as an AGM motorcycle battery, or in other powersports applications.