AGM Batteries vs. Gel Batteries Battery Safety Handling Battery Terms, Definitions, and Glossary How does a battery work? Why won’t my vehicle start? What should I consider when buying a replacement battery? What causes battery failure?
← Battery Basics
Battery Safety Handling
- Always wear proper eye, face and hand protection when working with batteries
- Never lean over a battery while boosting, testing or charging
- Exercise caution when working with metallic tools or conductors to prevent short circuits and arcing
- Keep terminals protected to prevent accidental shorting
- Replace any battery that has signs of damage to the terminals, case or cover
- Install battery in a ventilated area for operation and during charging
- DO NOT ADD WATER TO THE VARTA® BATTERY
Download the Material Safety Data Sheet to get information on battery content, safety and handling, and emergency measures.